Our philosophy encompasses thirteen principles that define the essential components of our organizations’ approach. Our philosophy emphasizes the values and characteristics fundamental to our leadership and instructional style. They are;
- Purpose – providing goal-oriented programming, structured activities and sequentially planned projects;
- Place – learning in an environment that reflects the qualities and conditions that prepare learners to succeed;
- Planned Programming – implementing high quality, professionally guided instruction with targeted outcomes;
- Personnel– learning from dynamic personalities exuding energy and competence;
- Professionalism – maintaining high standards, and setting high achievable goals;
- Practice – perfecting and polishing one’s skills through continued exploration;
- Profitability – learning to approach art production, design and arts experiences with an entrepreneurial focus;
- Production – learning to develop and understand one's process of creating works;
- Process – forming habits that inspire, and lead towards one’s desired outcome;
- Passion – allowing deeply rooted interests to serve as the birthplace for fueling creative inquiry;
- Preservation – protecting creative interests, promoting artistic excellence and emphasizing historical influences with respect and ethical consideration. By shaping and cultivating ideas that support one's pursuits, we keep alive our "esprit culturale"
- Partnerships – collaborating with others for assistance and support - together creating innovative ways of bringing forth interesting ideas.
- Pride – displaying delightful confidence in one's creativity.
By emphasizing these principles, we succeed in developing artistic skills with a view toward entrepreneurship and deliver an enriched program that helps prepare individuals for art-making experiences and opportunities beyond the studio environment.
Donate. Volunteer. Create something.